DID YOU KNOW?
Americans continue to consume poultry in amazing quantities. On average, we eat nearly 90 pounds of chicken, 17 pounds of turkey and more than twenty dozen eggs per person per year in the United States.
National Chicken Council
North Carolina Department of Agriculture
NC State University Dept. of Poultry Science
International Poultry Expo and International Feed Expo
NC State University College of Engineering Industrial Extension Division
National Turkey Federation
Member Benefit and Insurance Program
North Carolina Animal Agriculture Coalition
• The Poultry Industry creates over 110,000 Jobs for North Carolinians
• Poultry is the #1 Agricultural Industry in North Carolina
• North Carolina is ranked #2 Nationally in Total Turkey Production
• North Carolina is ranked #3 Nationally in Total Poultry Production
• NC Poultry makes up 40% of North Carolina's Total Farm Income
• Over 5,700 Farm Families produce Poultry & Eggs in North Carolina.
Other Important Links:
International Poultry Expo (www.ipeweek12.org/)
National Chicken Council (www.eatchicken.com)
National Turkey Federation (www.eatturkey.com)
U.S. Poultry & Egg Association (www.uspoultry.org)
View economic data across the poultry industry by company type, consumption, export volume and production on USPOULTRY's
Economic Data page.