DID YOU KNOW?
Poultry comprised nearly 38.8% of North Carolina’s total farm income in 2007. Chickens, turkeys and eggs combined for a total poultry farm income of more than $3.37 billion dollars.
National Chicken Council
North Carolina Department of Agriculture
International Poultry Expo and International Feed Expo
NC State University College of Engineering Industrial Extension Division
National Turkey Federation
North Carolina Animal Agriculture Coalition
• The Poultry Industry creates over 109,000 Jobs for North Carolinians
• Poultry is the #1 Agricultural Industry in North Carolina
• North Carolina is ranked #2 Nationally in Total Turkey Production
• North Carolina is ranked #3 Nationally in Total Poultry Production
• NC Poultry makes up 40% of North Carolina's Total Farm Income
• Over 5,700 Farm Families produce Poultry & Eggs in North Carolina.
• North Carolina Poultry Economic Impact Report (Click to view).
Other Important Links:
www.chickencheck.in/ focuses on poultry production: A Day in the Life, Farm to Table, F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions), and Safety and Handling Tips.
www.ChickenRoost.com focuses on the poultry product International Production and Processing Expo (www.ippexpo.org/)
National Chicken Council (www.eatchicken.com)
National Turkey Federation (www.eatturkey.com)
U.S. Poultry & Egg Association (www.uspoultry.org)
View economic data across the poultry industry by company type, consumption, export volume and production on USPOULTRY's
Economic Data page.